Holistic Massage Course
A revolutionary full body massage course that teaches the practitioner how to communicate with the body, using superior massage movements and excellent massage techniques.
Drawing inspiration from Swedish massage, Sports Massage, Lymph Drainage and Aromatherapy, the practitioner will be given a new perspective and self- confidence, ensuring the best massage treatment is given to a client.
Subjects included with in the course:
- History of massage and definitions
- Contra-Indications and Indications for a massage treatment
- Holistic approach and benefits of massage
- Physiological and Psychological Effects of Massage
- Ethical and Professional Considerations
- Business Skills, Marketing with Advertising and Fee Structuring
- Pre-Massage Procedures, Preparation of the Client and Therapist
- Nutrition and Additional Optional Therapies
- Client Record and Case History
- Knowledge of Lubricants and Practice of Massage
- Hand Exercises for Massage Therapists and Body Mechanics
- Full Body Massage
Exit Level Outcome:
- Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
Perform a massage treatment
- Have the necessary knowledge pertaining to work ethics and professionalism when performing massage
You can start with this course immediately on enrolment and all your course material and student pack will be sent to you within 7 – 10 days after
enrolment is received.
Although you should be able to complete this course in 3 months, open learning gives you the flexibility to study at your own pace within a 6 month period.
As part of this course you must attend 8 weeks of practical classes (once a week) at the academy, (32 contact in class training hours) available dates for the practical sessions is available from the academy.
- 50 massage case-studies (50 massage hours) (25 client contact hours)
- Practical exam (2 hours)
- Written exam ( 1 hour)