Hot Stone Therapy
By using the deep penetrating heat from basalt stones during massage therapy, the body is able to bring about a healing response by balancing itself on all the levels of being – emotional, mental, physical and spiritual.
The stones are formed from volcanic lava, enabling them to retain their heat. Various shapes and sizes of stones are used to create an effect on the different parts of the body and thus, in a flowing and continuous movement, bring about the feeling of wellbeing and harmony.
Subjects included with in the course:
- History and Theory of Hot Stones
- Stones Used, Working with the Stones
- Theory of Massage
- Massage Movements and Their Effects
- Anatomy & Physiology — Elementary
- Contra-Indications and Safety advice
- Oils and Powders that can be used
- Massage routine and techniques
Exit level outcome:
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Perform a hot stone therapy massage
- Have the necessary knowledge pertaining to work ethics and professionalism when performing hot stone therapy
You can start with this course immediately on enrolment and all your course material and student pack will be sent to you within 7 – 10 days after
enrolment is received.
Although you should be able to complete this course in 3 months, open learning gives you the flexibility to study at your own pace within a 6 month period.
As part of this course you must attend 3 weeks of practical classes (once a week) at the academy, the available dates for the practical sessions is available from the academy.
15 hours of documented practical hours
A final practical exam